—Mask your skin woes under the clay mask!
Clay masks have been a well-integrated part of the skincare world since the beginning of time. Unearthed specially for the skin, clay masks can bash practically any skin problem. Be it oily skin, dry skin, dull skin, large pores or acne-prone skin. A good clay mask will swish your skin concerns away, in a blink! These rich mineral-muds do so much for your skin, that they all really need a special mention.
What Are The Benefits Of Clay Masks?
- Pull out impurities: Our skin is subjected to a lot – pollution, dirt, oil, bacteria – and all this builds on the surface of the skin to attract an array of skin problems. The clay masks act like magnets to pull out gunk from the deep layers of the skin, to keep your face gunk-free, and healthy!
- Brighten the skin: There are days when your skin just looks tired. Remember clay masks on those days to bring your skin back to its glory! Your plumper, brighter is right there, underneath a layer of dead skin cells. What a clay mask does, is gently exfoliate the skin to uncover the brighter skin. Be it before an event, or for days when you just need that extra glow, lean on clay masks to lend you brighter looking skin.
- Give the skin a mattified look: A clay mask is the solution to your oily skin problems. It detoxifies the pores, and absorbs excess sebum to give the skin an oil-free and mattifying look. Apply a clay mask 1-2 times every week, and you’ll notice a visible reduction in your skin’s oiliness levels. No more unwanted shine, only happy and healthy skin!
- Prevent breakouts: When your skin’s balance is restored, the pores and free of impurities and sebum, then there is a slim chance for acne to surface on the skin. Clay masks are always a bad news for acne, as they disrupt their breeding ground and give you clear skin. They also soothe inflamed and irritated skin, which is common for people who have acne-prone skin.
- Adds a healthy glow: If you want an instant healthy glow, then a clay mask session is all you need. Its skin-loving minerals work like magic on your skin, to boost your skin’s inner radiance. The de-clogging of the pores, also allows for more oxygen to reach your skin cells, which rejuvenates them and gives an overall healthy skin.
We’re sure that the benefits have swooned you to try a clay mask on right now! But with so many of them available today, how do you select the one for your skin?
We’ll help you there!
How to Choose the Right Clay For Your Skin Type
If you skin is sensitive and gets irritated very quickly, then kaolin clay is for you. They are perfect for mildly exfoliating, and give your face that undeniable boost of glow! The Mon Cherry Brightening Pink Clay Mask is a creamy and luxurious clay mask that has all the goodness of kaolin clay, cherry blossom, pearls, and grapefruit extract. This superstar will refine your pores, and even out your skin tone to boost your skin’s radiance. Infused with the skin-hydrating glycerin, your skin is bound to be baby soft!
Another kaolin clay wonder is the Mama Cica Mud Dipping Sheet Mask, enriched with cica, Korean ginseng, lotus root, and glycerin. With a unique sheet mask formulation, it gives your skin the purifying benefits of the clay as well as the hydrating perks of the sheet mask. A product so good, you really have to try it once to believe all its skin-transforming abilities!
If your skin is excessively oily, and acne-prone, then bentonite is literally skin-saving for you. This clay is quite potent, and perfect for pulling out all the acne causing gunk out of your skin. The Bravocado Deep Cleansing Clay Mask contains the goodness of avocados, rice water, pomegranate, and of course, bentonite clay. This mask will keep your acne-woes at bay, while minimizing pores, preventing blackheads and whiteheads, making your skin firmer, and keeping it fresh and supple.
If your skin falls into the category of normal to combination, then Rhassoul clay is made for you. Mildly potent, this clay is non-drying, and delivers all that a clay mask should – pulling out impurities, giving the skin a boost of glow, refining pores, and maintaining the overall health of the skin. It is great for those who have dry skin, and are awry of using clay masks.
If your skin’s frequent complaints are clogged pores, small bumps, uneven skin tone, and excess oiliness, then nothing comes to fuller’s earth or multani mitti. It gently exfoliates the skin to rid it of impurities, dirt, and sebum that make large pores their breeding grounds. You’ll notice that the skin feels much smoother, firm, and glowing after you’ve pampered it with this DIY mask: 1 tbsp fuller’s earth, ½ tsp sandalwood powder, a pinch of turmeric, and raw milk to form a paste. Leave it on the face till it semi-dries, and wash with lukewarm water.
This power clay has an extraordinary blend of minerals, making it the most absorbent cosmetic clays. It acts like a magnet to draw all skin impurities, and negative toxins from the skin. The best part? It works equally well with water, carrier oils, and essential oils. For acne-prone skin, use the clay with rose water, for dry skin, nourishing oils like jojoba/avocado is the best bet, and lastly for mature skin, rosehip oil works best.
A weekly or bi-weekly session with these clay masks will pull your skin out of any trouble. Make sure to give them a try, and you can thank us later!